Monday, September 26, 2011

Stay Forever: Gone Forever

Thank you to all of you optimistic souls who suggested Stay Forever was hibernating. He is not. He is decomposing. We are literally watching him shrink before our eyes.

I broke the news to Sam (again) this morning.

Me: "Sam, Honey? Stay Forever is dead."
Sam: "No."
Me: "Yes he is. Stay Forever has died and he is not coming back again."
Sam: (Pause) "Okay...But we can still keep him."
Me: "No we can't Honey. We need to bury him."
Sam: "Why?"
Me: "Um, because that's what you do when things die. You bury them."
Sam: "We don't need to bury him, we can just keep him in the jar."

I didn't know what to say, so I ended the conversation and went upstairs to take a shower. Afterwards I was met with a very excited little boy.

"MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! Come see my new pet!"

I walk down the stairs and see on the floor a small centipede-like insect.

"I have a NEW pet," Sam said, "His name is Stay Forever Two."

Seriously. I can't make this stuff up.

Here we go again.

1 comment:

The Rupps said...

you need to get your property sprayed, for one thing.

and you need to get that kid a contract in Hollywood. seriously.