Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waiting Out the Storm

Hurricane warning? Check!
Tropical storm warning? Check!
Flash flood warning? Check!
Double tornado warnings? Check and check!

I like the thought of staying in a concrete hotel. I don't like the idea of this being a court-side hotel meaning the room to my door leads directly to the outdoors--more specifically the underground pool. Thankfully there is a six-inch step up to my room. That will make a difference, right? RIGHT?

I took a quick trip to the vending machine before it got bad so I could have some stored up sustenance. I'm going to ride this out with Nutterbutters and a bottle of water. I suppose if I get desperate I can pull out the expressed milk in my mini-fridge. Highly caloric that stuff.

Whoops! There goes my television. We'll see how long the internet lasts. I don't know how I'll be able to manage without Anderson Cooper's soothing voice telling me I should panic.

1 comment:

The Rupps said...

you crack me up.