Thursday, August 25, 2011

Come on Irene

Despite the fact that six governors have declared states of emergencies, the governor of New Jersey being one of them, I found myself willingly boarding a plane to take me back east. I landed in Philly tonight around 10:30 pm and am now preparing to speak at a conference both Friday and Saturday. I don't think the conference will be disrupted--only my Saturday night plans to go to the shore as well as my Sunday morning plans to fly back home to John and the kiddos. Sniff, sniff.

I suppose if things get really bad I can always flee my hotel room and hunker down in a CRW basement. Those things are solid...though if the winds don't get me the mold and roaches certainly will.

2 comments:

The Rupps said...

The conference looks really great! Enjoy speaking. I wish I could hear ya.

Anna said...

be careful in the CRW basement!