Sunday, May 08, 2011

Pre-Riley Fun

Thanks for all the prayers and support this weekend. I was a bit discouraged yesterday feeling like I had somehow "failed" this sleep study (even though I know we weren't exactly set up to succeed). I've been feeling bad that Sam was put through all the wires and electrodes and we were still unable to come away with clear data. I'm eager to speak with his doctor tomorrow and figure out where to go from here.

We started asthma treatments and nebulizers last week which has made a big difference in our night times. The past few nights Sam has only gotten up twice a night (which is a major improvement from getting up every hour). Bed time is still a struggle (he took two hours to fall asleep tonight), and I still find myself nodding off during the day, but it's a start. Here's a pic of Sam in his "lion mask".

Just to show that we actually had a fun evening the night we went in I've included a few pictures. Sam was enamoured with the "big city".

"What a huge building!" he yelled when we got out of the car (it was five stories high).

"I SEE A TAXI!" Obviously he doesn't remember NYC.








2:30 am Sam happy to be free from wires.

No comments: