Thursday, April 07, 2011

What a Relief!

Two days ago I was putting Clara down for a nap when I heard a frantic 3-year-old screaming, "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! WHERE ARE YOU!" I could hear him running up and down stairs, opening doors, the whole deal. I quickly put Clara in her crib and ran to Sam.

"I'm here, Buddy, I'm here!" I said as he collapsed in sobs on my lap.

"I couldn't find you. I thought I was all alone in the house," he sobbed.

"Were you scared?" I asked (duh, of course he was but we're trying to increase his feelings vocabulary).

(Sniff) "Yes, I thought you left me all alone."

"Oh Sam," I said, "I promise that I won't leave you alone in the house without an adult, okay?" Instantly the tears were gone and a big smile stretched across his face.

"Okay," he said, "And I promise that I won't leave you alone without a kid."

Gee. Thanks.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Best Sam quote ever!

Christin said...

Oh, hahaha. He makes me laugh out loud every time!

Jim and Jaena said...

Seriously funny stuff. You should be able to send tons of these into Reader's Digest and make some cash.