Thursday, April 21, 2011

Playing Easter

So Sam was playing with an Easter resurrection playset complete with Caiaphas (what, you don't have one of those sets? Ah the joys of coming from a family where 2/3rds of the adults are ordained ministers). Sam was very interested in which guys were bad and which guys were good. He said something to the effect of, "I'm going to get a knife and kill all the bad guys and mean animals."

My leanings towards pacifism emerged and I said, "Well, maybe we can just gather the bad guys and put them in prison." (Yeah, because that's way more fun than a stealth attack with weapons).

"Good idea," Sam said.

I smiled to myself thinking that perhaps we could skirt by the gun/knife/violence phase so many kids seem to encounter. But Sam wasn't done playing yet...

"Then we can make special food that kills them!"

1 comment:

Beck said...

Hah! I'm hearing Judah's refrain of late, while chasing imaginary beasts around the circuit: "Die! Die! Die!" Boys... oy.