Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Room at the Inn

I'm happy to report that 75% of the Drury clan has made it safely to Indiana (the other 25% is back in Princeton packing the rest of the house...this was a necessary step because the toddler kept pulling things out of boxes and hiding them).

I was pleasantly surprised (read: shocked) at the ease of driving for 12 hours in a car by myself with Sam. He was a doll. Highlights from the drive include:

1. Two hours into the trip Sam asked, "What was a happy part of your day, Mommy?" Followed by, "What was a sad part?"

2. At every. single. stop. Sam asked, "Are we in Indiana now? Can I pet a llama?" (There is a petting zoo near our new house and I've been promising him a trip there. I'm realizing we need to go asap.

3. At the first hotel we stopped at we were told, "Sorry, we don't have any rooms." To which Sam replied, "Do you have a stable?"

So here we are in Indiana, waiting for John and the truck to arrive early next week. I think it will be a while for this to all sink in. Right now it just feels like we're on a vacation.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We Have a Pronoun!


And no sign of the SCH! Thank you for your prayers.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Baby Update: Encouraging News!

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. The latest ultrasound revealed that the SCH had shrunk further (10 by 30 mm). Furthermore, from what they can tell from the consistency it looks "old" and will most likely be absorbed in the near future. At this point the SCH is located far away from the placenta which is very encouraging since even the tiniest SCH can be a problem if it touches the placenta. The baby still looks great and is about 4 inches long (much bigger than the SCH). We're breathing a sigh of relief and praising the Lord!

With all of these extra ultrasounds I had been hoping to find out the gender a bit early. The 15 week scan, however, showed a modest baby who was very good at keeping secrets. Maybe we'll get more cooperation two weeks from now.

In other news, Sam is stuck on what he thinks is the perfect baby name: Dumbo. Dumbo Drury.