Monday, May 03, 2010

The Gospel According to Sam

Often times, when telling Sam a Bible story, I'll pause and let him fill in the blanks. Sometimes he gets confused.

ME: One day, Jesus and his disciples climbed into a...
SAM: Big boat.
ME: Jesus walked to the back of the boat, put his head on a...
SAM: Pillow and fell fast asleep.
ME: While Jesus was sleeping in came a big...
SAM: Storm.
ME: And the disciples were...
SAM: Soooo afraid.
ME: And so they went to Jesus and said...
SAM: THROW HIM OVERBOARD!

2 comments:

Beck said...

I've heard before that Jesus is not safe, but this gives it new meaning. Joking aside, though, how often do people throw Jesus from the boat because they think he's not doing enough in their storm? Sorry, I'm a sucker for a metaphor. (What can I say... I was an art major.)

judahmo said...

How funny!