Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Souvenirs

I don't like knick-knacks. This kind of freaked John out when he visited my college dorm room for the first time and saw that my room was completely devoid of any personal objects. It's not that I have some monastic, renounce the world ambitions; it's just that I'm lazy. I don't like to dust and I don't like to move.

Generally speaking, I'm not one to collect souvenirs from far away places. I will, however, purchase items that I plan to use on a regular basis. Hence the sandals from Germany, the canisters from France, the suitcase from Singapore (which didn't last long, by the way).

This was the souvenir we took with us when we moved from Doylestown, Pennsylvania in 2007:


And this is the souvenir we'll take when we move from Princeton this June:




:)

8 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and John!! :)

Courtney Connelly said...

That is just the cutest souvenir ever! Much love to all FOUR of you Drurys!

David W. Congdon said...

Wow, congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!

Gwen said...

So excited for you guys!!! When are you due??

Sarah Sanderson said...

Congratulations Mandy! So cool!

Maria said...

Congratulations! I liked your creative way of sharing the news. :-)

Keely Mikel said...

Congratulations Mandy!