Friday, July 24, 2009

In coming! In coming!

I'm currently working on a blog to report the week of ministry at the Wisconsin Wesleyan youth camp as well as the week of ministry at the Wesleyan Pastors and Spouses Retreat in Tobago.

However, I'm currently looking a lot less like this:


And a lot more like this:



As I underwent sinus surgery yesterday (I'm too vain to post an actual picture of my current self).

The surgery went great! I planned on spending the weekend flat on my back, but am pleasantly surprised to find myself virtually pain free (it could be the drugs).

I'm happy to report that my surgeon was able to do it all without having to pack my nose-which, those of you who have had this kind of surgery know that is the most painful part.

I had been nervous about getting this surgery, partly because the FOUR opinions I got all differed (I was a little reluctant to go under after this and this and this and this and this and this). However, once the surgeon got into my sinus cavity it quickly became clear that this was a necessary step for me towards health (apparently it's not normal to get sinus infections every other month). Following the surgery, my surgeon said repeatedly that he "felt like a hero" because he knew that I was going to see a big improvement following recovery.

I am very sorry to report that I do not have any fun anesthesia stories. The closest I got were the tears of joy that I got in my eyes while in the recovery room when I learned that my nurses name was Kristine. And since I have a very good friend named Kristine who had just dropped off a care package I was CONVINCED that this was a sign from God that everything was going to be okay.

So thanks for the prayers, cookies, flowers, movies, candy bars, and magazines. I look forward to reporting on the ministry aspects of this month in a future post.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Wow, Mandy, I'm so excited for you! Hopefully no more sinus infections, and happy to hear that recovery is going well.

Looking forward to hearing about the camp and retreat experiences.