Tuesday, November 11, 2008

At the height of my anesthesia buzz

(Post-surgery getting wheeled back to my room to my waiting husband)

Me: John, I had a great idea for Christmas.
John: What's that.
Me: Let's have a belt Christmas.
John: A what?
Me: A belt Christmas. Where we only give each other belts.
John: Okay (trying not to laugh).
Me: I want one with sequins.
John: Okay.
Me: And I had an idea of two different belts that I could get for you, but I don't remember what they are anymore.
John: That's okay.

This story may beat the time I had my wisdom teeth out and started crying because I couldn't find my pockets. And the time I had an endoscopy and afterwards began shouting,"Hey! Who put my shoes on my feet?"

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Mandy-
Did you tell this to John quietly or did you belt it out??... Sorry- couldn't help myself. I hope Santa brings you the belt with sequins for Christmas. Maybe you could wear the belt and play your new Irish flute at the same time in a chruch Christmas Eve program. Now THAT would be...um... entertaining. Hey- It would beat the little drummer boy anyday in my book. He's SO over rated.
-Liz

Amanda said...

Ooooohhhhhh. I can't STAND the little drummer boy. Have we talked about this before?

Kari said...

hahahaha!

Sharon said...

Mandy - so glad you are feeling better and you're throat is healing up. See you soon!

Paula, Bobby, Rebekah, and Sarah said...

You are hilarious!