Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Awkward Position

The past few weeks have been filled with lots of travel. Sam's a decent traveler--actually taking a flight from Los Angeles to Philadelphia without crying. The lack of crying, however, did not exempt him from being a bit of a pistol.

At one point he took his pacifier and threw it into the crotch of the man sleeping next to me. The weight of the pacifier was just enough to wake the man up. He looked at the pacifier and moved his hand to pick it up before hesitating. I could tell he was wondering whether or not he should touch a germ-filled baby popper.

He withdrew his hand from the pacifier and thrust his pelvis in my direction. So I gingerly picked it up and popped it back in Sam's mouth. It was one of our finer moments.

3 comments:

Beck said...

Oh man. Bet you never thought you'd use the phrase "grabbing my neighbor's crotch" in a parenting story.

Anonymous said...

Oh. My.

I am in PAIN reading this.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy

Kathy said...

I don't know how do your stories continue to be this crazy!!