Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kind of like Soap-on-a-Rope


Sam is sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. I took him to the doctor on Friday and called John with the verdict.

Me: Hey John, it's me. Well, Sam's got croup.
John: Poop?
Me: No, croup.
John: I know he's got poop.
Me: Croup. C-R-O-U-P.
John: Oh. What's that?

Sam's back to his normal self during the day, but he still hacks it up at night. He wakes himself up coughing, poor guy. Last night in my delirium I contemplated whether or not I could tie a cough drop to a slot in his crib for him to suck on. Kind of like soap-on-a-robe...only with a Halls lozenge.

He's not sleeping well at night which makes him sleepier during the day. Every time he eats solids he takes a break and lays his little head on his highchair tray...his covered in sweet potato highchair tray. I keep trying to get a picture, but each time I pull out the camera he pops up and grins. The little ham.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ellis is getting over a killer cold right now. What's up with sick kids in summer?! Hang in there, Mom!

Beck said...

...wonder where he gets that? *Nudge, smirk...*

Croup is the worst. Eden has had it a couple of times, once right when Judah was born! A warm mist humidifier worked wonders; we never even had to do the bathroom steam trick.

Hope he's better soon!

Christin said...

cough drop on a string! lol!