Friday, July 18, 2008

This Little Piggy Went Home

It was 8 pm when I returned home from my eleven day trip. Sam had already been asleep for an hour. He woke up at 10:30 pm and I ducked in to see him. Normally he blearily eyed gulps some milk and goes back to sleep. That night however, as soon as his eyes focused on my face he smiled. His smile grew and grew until he broke out into a series of giggles. He continued to laugh as I teared up, grateful to be home.

I returned home to a happy husband, happy son and an immaculate house (thanks, John). Sam was bigger when I returned...a few more ounces, fuzzier hair and five, count them, FIVE teeth.

It's good to be back. More later...

1 comment:

Beck said...

FIVE TEETH! How many did he have when you left?

Welcome back to the amber waves of grain...