Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm a bad, bad mom


For the past week Sam has been making a high-pitched, hyena-like squeal. The squeal is always followed by a big smile. We had friends over the other day and made them listen to this new noise. We all had a good laugh. It's pretty funny...at least, it was pretty funny.

I took Sam into the doctor two days ago because he was a bit congested. He made the squeal and I started to laugh. The nurse-practitioner looked me in the eye and said, "That noise is your son trying to breathe."

Contributions for Sam's psychotherapy fund can be mailed directly to our apartment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear...some nurses have no sense of humor. I will join your bad mom club. I still laugh when my kids fall. People falling is just funny. There is no way around it. Why should breathing like a hyena be any different?
-Liz

Harper said...

Errm...because it means her child has difficulty breathing?

reversealchemy said...

ah, the anxiety of being a mom, every little thing can't be a crisis - how to judge the difference? And how to deal with los crises without losing a sense of humor?