Thursday, June 19, 2008

Down on the Farm

Today I took Sam to Cherry Grove Farm.
Good mom.

I forgot the sunscreen.
Bad mom.

So I kept him covered.
Good mom.

All of the pollen and dust bothered his allergies.
Bad mom.

I verbally pointed out all of the different vegetables to Sam even though I was surrounded by people who were wondering why I was talking to someone who couldn't talk back.
Good mom.

At one point I looked down and he had a sharp pair of clippers in his hand. Seriously--I don't know how he got them.
Very bad mom.

I got peas to turn into baby food.
Good mom.

They were organic.
Very good mom.

(For those of you who are curious, Sam is still on strike. This kid is tough. He's got standards.)

4 comments:

Beck said...

Good mom. :)

Scott Hendricks said...

:-)

Megan said...

I love your blogs, just wanted to let you know I'm a regular around these parts now. And I second Becky. Good Mom. We're heading on a farm tour of our own tomorrow, to the family we're purchasing our 1/4 of an organic cow from. I'll look out for said clippers.

Keith Drury said...

Feeding a child [any kind of] peas is "good"???

;-)