Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sam's Secret Activities


The past few days I've walked into Sam's room bright and early in the morning to discover him covered in scratch marks. I'm currently counting seven tiny scratch marks on his face alone. He goes to bed scratch free and wakes up with multiple markings. This leads me to the only possible logical conclusion: my son is a part of a late night fight club.

Sometime between his 1 am feeding and 3:30 am call for his pacifier, Sam is sneaking out of the house (I'm betting on the bathroom window), and meeting up with his cronies (I'm guessing the Whole Foods parking lot). I'm pretty sure our neighbor Timmy is involved. He's five days younger than Sam, and Sam still has a few ounces on him, but I get the feeling he's tough as nails. And someone has gotta be playing dirty because this morning I found four scratch marks above Sam's heels...the little ankle biters.

Anyway, I don't want to ground him because I'm afraid that will make me seem out of touch with his generation. Hopefully this is just a phase that will soon pass.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think that's when he loses his pacifier as well. He gets out among his chums and then stashes it behind a dumpster so they won't see his beloved sleep prop.

No fight club for Sam tonight...He's making it loud and clear he's in his crib right now (unless he's rigged a recording device, but that would be just ridiculous now, wouldn't it).

Gwen said...

Just a thought...how long are Sam's finger and toe nails? I love clipping Evee's nails:).

Paula, Bobby, Rebekah, and Sarah said...

I love your writing style :~) It makes me smile.

David Drury said...

The first rule of fight club is: You do not talk about fight club.