Monday, March 31, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Part 2


I haven't been deprived of sleep for the past few days now, but I thought I would post a few more instances that occurred in the recent past. So here you go.

You know you're sleep deprived when:

1) You try to squirt the babies bottle into your contact case instead of saline solution (reason #358 why I think I should get Lasik).

2) When preparing to nurse you try to shake up the milk like you would a bottle.

3) When flying on a plane you look out the window, spot a farm, and think you can actually smell the animals before realizing your little bundle of joy just made a deposit down under.

I am getting more sleep. John is too (we alternate feedings). We're starting to get a hang of this ferberizing thing. Sam took a number of naps today without making a peep. And he wakes up like it's Christmas morning. We even got his first giggle today. I'm beginning to think my fussy baby was simply sleep deprived himself.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Dear Mandy,

Somedays I miss my blog too. But most days I have nothing to say except "why do they make me write so many dang papers?!" And I think that might get old and/or whiny after awhile. Meanwhile, your blog is full of wise stories and very cute pictures. I think of my blog more and more so perhaps it will return some day soon.

Sincerely,
Sarah

P.S. Adam says he'll pay you $5 if you leave a comment like that everyday until you guilt me into it.

Amanda said...

Dear Sarah,

Ah, but haven't you noticed? Whiny is at the heart of my posts! Whiny can be good. Whiny means you have something to say.

But I understand the need for a blogging break. Jeesh, I went from posting once a month if I was lucky, to posting once a day. Sometimes I have stuff to say. Sometimes I don't. And most of the time, when I do have something to say it's seldom anything at all.

And have you noticed that as of late my thoughts have seldom strayed from the 13.8 pound little hobbit despite all the fascinating read I'm doing? If Adam really wants you to have blogging fodder tell him you need a baby.

So there you have it. I look forward to your return.

Sincerely,

Mandy

Paula, Bobby, Rebekah, and Sarah said...

So glad to hear that things are better!! I remember when I started pumping and feeding Sarah (#2) and decided that she just couldn't get enough DIRECTLY from me and how it made such a HUGE difference in her cheeriness throughout the day!! It's just get better from here on out, but every once-in-a-while there are still sleep deprived nights. Our 3.5 year old decided she needed to come in our bed at 5:30 this morning. (keep in mind we go to bed at midnight, or later) Bobby spent the rest of the night in her bed while I was crowded by her. :~)