Friday, March 28, 2008

The Ferberization of Samuel James: Day Two


Okay. We're doing okay.

Nap #1 resulted in 30 minutes of crying. Nap #2 equaled 15 minutes of crying. Naps 3 and 4 had him conked out within 5 minutes of crying. It's starting to look like he can fall asleep on his own better than he can with "help."

I was all geared up for a tough night. Knowing his pattern of waking up every two hours I went to bed with my game face on and was prepared for some crying. However, perhaps in an act of asserting he was still the boss of sorts, Sam slept for 4.5 hours on his own. He woke up 2 hours later and we let him cry for 45 minutes.

Overall we're doing well...although it was a bit sad to see him gulping down his milk at 5:30 this morning. The poor little guy was used to multiple midnight snacks so going down to two feedings was a bit of a shocker. Thanks for the supportive comments!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Now I'm only quasi-okay...I'm a bit confused...Sometimes he cries so long that it's time for another feeding.

I think he slept less today than he normally does. I'm assuming this will even itself out eventually. Right?

Gwen said...

I've got to get Jamie on your site. She just went through a spell with Evee at 10.5 months... she was crying for long period of times because she was hungry!

Parenting is such a trial and error thing. Hang in there. You're a good mom!