Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Big Impression on Anne Lamott

I went to hear Anne Lamott give a reading at Barnes and Noble tonight. I’m pretty sure she’ll remember me. Not because I’m that narcissistic, but because I was the six-foot woman in the audience with a huge glob of chocolate resting on her upper lip.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, perhaps I should always go to public functions featuring famous people with a dab of chocolate in hopes of distinguishing myself from the horde.

Okay. Maybe I’m a little narcissistic.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

oh dear Mandy. This is funny. I can't believe all the funny things you write about. I either live a dull life or am not noticing the funny things around me. :)

Ken said...

Amanda... what was your impression of Anne Lamont? Talk to us a little about that. Any thoughts. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.

Erin Crisp said...

Maybe she'll write you into her next book... "the book store lady blissfully unaware of the chocolate she'd recently enjoyed." It's a winning character... I can see it now. Ditto on Ken's question too. What were your impressions?

Gwen said...

yea, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Anne. What was her reading from? Have you read her book Grace (Eventually)?