Monday, December 10, 2007

The time I didn't have a baby

Last week John lost his gloves. I happened to find them mid-morning in our linen closet tucked between towels. I thought that was rather humorous, so I decided to give him a call alerting him of my discovery.

It didn't occur to me that a phone call in the middle of class might might indicate a laboring wife. Poor John bounded out of his class only to discover I had merely delivered his gloves.

I'll admit, a ringing phone has thrown me into a tizzy as well. Every single time my phone rings my first thought is, "I wonder if the baby's ready to come!" Crazy, I know.

In the meantime I'm trying to plan something fun everyday between now and when he arrives. My mom arrives tomorrow and after that my days will be filled with The American Boy's Choir, manicures, Settlers, and my adorable nieces (3-year-old Ella has been calling her tights her "panty toes").

I think I've also started nesting. I baked eleven loaves of bread yesterday.

5 comments:

Keith Drury said...

Eleven loaves? How many fishes?

Freeze a slice for me..we'll be there in Jan.

Erik said...

Ok.

1. I can totally see John bolting out of a rooom to answer the phone! Awesome!

2. 11 loaves? WOW. Not only is that efficient, for one day and one person, that is a mini miracle.

Great stories!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I am not the only one to find random objects in wierd places!!! Wait until baby comes then you can blame those kinds of things on them... wait until they are at least 9 months though. It did not work when I tried to blame that kind of thing on my two week old... what??!

Anonymous said...

Mandy, WHAT are you doing with 11 loaves of bread? You THINK you're nesting?

Also, in case you're unaware of this, YOU do not need to jump when the phone rings. The reason is that YOU will be the only one who will know when a call needs to be made. Just thought I'd clarify that for you. ;)

Christy

Gwen said...

Poor John!!! I hope you don't send him on too many panic attacks. He needs to be emotionally ready for labor :).