Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sneezing my way to a 13-pounder

There is a lot about pregnancy that the doctors don't tell you. That's why I've been so thankful for my friend, Christin, who is 10 weeks ahead of me and has kept me dutifully informed. When I was about six weeks along she warned me about the lovely round lateral pains of the second trimester. They're essentially growing pains of the womb that kick in with swift or unexpected movement.

These round lateral pains have bothered me the most upon sneezing (which, maybe it's just my imagination, but sneezing has become much more violent since I becam pregnant). Painful sneezes have brough about a new fear. Stick with me here for a minute...if round lateral pains indicate the stretching and growing of the womb, and sneezing brings about intense round lateral pains, does that mean that everytime I sneeze my baby is going through a growth spurt?

I can't help but fear that I'm sneezing my way to a 13-pounder. That's illogical, isn't it? Someone please disprove my theory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

round ligament pains - no you're not making a 13 pounder. But HILARIOUS post! :)

Keith Drury said...

YOU>>>> Ah-Choo!

ME>>> God bless you!

David Drury said...

:-)

hee hee hee

so funny. The question is, what ELSE happens when you sneeze when you're pregnant. When sneezing during pregnancy the urethra sphincter is known to fail from time to time.

TMI... I know.

Wow... you're blogging all the time now, I've got to catch up on the old posts...

Miss you = see you in August!

dd