Monday, November 28, 2005

My Mom Thinks I'm Cool--Part 3

Not long ago I had a car full of teenagers. Two high school girls in the back, and a sophomore guy in the front...we'll call him Joe-Joe.

I felt rather hip as I was going to be cruising through town with three fashionable teenagers. I put the keys in the ignition of my Volvo (which, by the way my students want to submit to "Pimp My Ride" and turn it into a Jesus-mobile), and went to shift gears. Apparently my depth perception was off because instead of grabbing the gear stick, I grabbed Joe-Joe's leg. Not a brief touch, not a brushing of fingertips, but a full out leg grab. My action was met with a yelp and cry, "PASTOR AMANDA I'M UNCOMFORTABLE!"

Sorry about that, Joe-Joe.

7 comments:

Nathan Hart said...

omigosh. hilarious!

pk said...

I agree with Nathan. That is hilarious! How has your relationship 'progressed' since then?

The Cubicle Reverend said...

Now that's funny. And I felt bad for accidentally stepping on a student who slept on the ground beside my bed on a retreat!!

Kari said...

No way. That is SO funny!!!

Gwen said...

Okay, stalking the neighbor lady . . .now grabbing one of your male students leg . . . what's next!

rebekah said...

mandy -- read my response to your comment

(so sorry)

Tony Myles said...

Hmm... time for an automatic?