Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The best youth activity of the summer...

Okay youth pastors, here's our most popular event of the summer...





Thanks to the good folks at Home Depot, our youth group now owns a 20x50 foot slip-n-slide. The slip-n-slide along with some bubble bath and a hose proved for a mighty fine time.

I am always amazed by the things these students will do. I had to tell one boy not once, but twice that he couldn't go down the slip-n-slide on his head. On his head.

So there you go. It's a fun one.

8 comments:

The Cubicle Reverend said...

Now that is cool. Almost as good as tubing down a mountain and getting air born!

Samuel Bills said...

as a parent now...let me say that does not look very safe:)

David Drury said...

wow... you're a real deal youth pastor now.

of course, once you've had more years under your belt you'll know that the kids have more fun if you smother the slip n slide with ketchup first.

The Cubicle Reverend said...

Hey, she's learning. It's all good. Mike Yaconelli said that you aren't doing a job unless the church elders make up a rule because of you.

Christin said...

Mandy this looks like so much fun. I had to laugh. What ingenuity!;-) Perhaps a slip and slide pun is in order? Don't slip through youth ministry you might slide into boring.....
okay, I'll work on it.

Dibs said...

I'm sure there must have been a teaching attached to this object lesson...or was this just plain fun?
We should have done this at SeaQuest!

Amanda said...

Dave Drury--the only problem with ketchup is I won't be able to distinguish between the condiment and blood.

I was amazed with how much egging on I could do ("Hey, try human bowling"...."Okay, all fifteen of you go down at once!"), before someone finally said, "Hey Pastor Amanda, YOU need to do it."

The Cubicle Reverend said...

I sure hope you did it. I know too many leaders who are lame and won't get involved. Man I want a slip-n-slide now.